Crestwood United Methodist Preschool
Celebrating 40 Years in Oldham County
Crestwood United Methodist Preschool continues to be a vibrant addition to early childhood education in Oldham County. We offer a nurturing environment where your child will feel safe and loved, providing a warm, family atmosphere. We are proud to welcome families & staff back year after year.
To enhance a child's learning and self-confidence through parent/teacher teamwork while providing a safe, loving, nurturing, Christian environment where each individual child grows and develops - physically, spiritually, socially, mentally, and emotionally at their own pace.
Interested in joining our preschool family?
Call to set up a visit for you and your child.
Crestwood United Methodist Preschool FAQ
We are a state-licensed facility. An inspection is conducted annually to verify that we are in compliance with state regulations for preschools/daycares. Our latest inspection report is available left-hand column.
Why is licensing important for you and your child?
The Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services holds our preschool accountable for complying with state regulations so that each child is loved and nurtured in an environment with high safety standards at all times.
* 3 criminal record checks are conducted statewide and nationwide on all staff.
* TB tests/assessments are required every 2 years for all staff.
* All staff attend at least 15 hours of in-service annually. This includes a 6-hour State Orientation for newly hired staff.
* CPR & first aid certification requirements are exceeded with all of our staff participating in training.
* Fire drills, tornado drills and emergency drills and other drills required within the emergency disaster plan are conducted on a monthly/quarterly basis.
* An annual inspection of the central fire alarm system in the church is required.
* An annual inspection by the State Fire Marshal's office is conducted.
* A monthly inspection of all emergency lighting within the building is conducted.
* All licensing-required hand washings are met for children and staff.
RATIOS Toddlers: 1 staff to 4 children, Trained Twos, 3s, 4s, & 5s: 1 staff to 6 children
HIGH STAFF RETENTION Teachers stay an average of 8+ years.
ALL OF OUR 4/5 YEAR OLD TEACHERS HAVE COLLEGE DEGREES.
WE HAVE TWO RESOURCE TEACHERS ON STAFF who work with children individually and in small groups.
ALLERGY POLICY We are a peanut/peanut product-free school.
FENCED PLAYGROUND AND INDOOR GYMNASIUM AVAILABLE TO CLASSES.
REGISTRATION Our $205 registration fee is non-refundable.
2017 - 2018 CLASSES OFFERED
the highlighted information below will be updated after Oldham County Schools publish their 2017-2018 school year calendar.
all classes start at 9:20 AM and end at 1:20 PM
|Days of the week||Age Group||
|Monday/Wednesday||Toddlers (Children in diapers - 25-36 months)||63||$182|
|Tuesday/Thursday||Toddlers (Children in diapers - 25-36 months)||66||$191|
|Tuesday/Thursday||Trained Twos - potty-trained children who turn 3 AFTER 8/1/17||
|Monday/Wednesday||Threes - potty trained children who turn 3 by 8/1/17||63||$182|
|Tuesday/Thursday||Threes - potty trained children who turn 3 by 8/1/17||66||$191|
|Threes - potty trained children who turn 3 by 8/1/17||93||$269|
|Tuesday/Thursday||Pre-K - children who turn 4 by 8/1/17||
|Pre-K - Children who turn 4 by 8/1/17||93||$269|
|Monday-Thursday||Pre-K - children who turn 4 by 8/1/17||123||$355|
|Junior Kindergarten - children who turn 5 by 3/31/18||93||$269|
|Monday-Thursday||Junior Kindergarten - children who turn 5 by 1/31/18||123||$355|
Need a little extra time?
Toddlers may participate in morning (8:00 - 9:15) sessions OR afternoon (1:30-3:00) sessions. Threes, fours, and fives may extend their school day from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. by participating in both morning and afternoon sessions.
Cost for Extended Day
Yearly cost for children registered August 2016 - May 2017
- The cost for one child is $8 for one session and $14 for both sessions on the same day.
- The cost for 2 children for one session is $14 and $28 for both sessions on the same day.
Monthly cost for children registered before the 1st day of each month
- The cost for one child is $9 for one session and $16 for both sessions on the same day.
- The cost for 2 children for one session is $16 and $32 for both sessions on the same day.
Daily cost for children registered up to the evening before the needed session
- The cost for one child is $10 for one session and $17 for both sessions on the same day.
- The cost for 2 children for one session is $17 and $34 for both sessions on the same day.
Emergency cost for children registered the day of needed services
- The cost for one child is $13 for one session and $22 for both sessions on the same day.
- The cost for 2 children for one session is $22 and $44 for both sessions on the same day.
Extended Day begins on the first day of preschool.
Additional Afternoon Enrichment
(Discovering the gifts/talents of young children in 3-5 year old classes)
Fall, Winter and Spring = $8.50 per class x 10 classes=$85
|Sports/Minds in Motion||Wednesdays or Thursdays||1:40-2:10||Fall, Winter and Spring = $9 per class x 10 classes =$90|
Fall & Winter/Spring = $10 per class x 13 classes=$130
Mon (Fall) = $8 per class x 13 classes =$104
**$50 spring recital costume fee due
Thurs (Fall) = $8 per class x 12=$96
Mon (Wtr./Spring) = $8 per class x 10=$80
Thurs (Wtr./Spring)= $8 per class x 13=$104
Thurs (Wtr./Spring)= price to be announced